6063 aluminum alloy is widely used in decorative structures with its medium strength, good corrosion resistance, polishing, anodizing coloring and painting properties. At the same time, because of its good electrical and thermal conductivity, it is also widely used as a heat sink for computer CPUs. The extrusion ratio affects the microstructure of the alloy and the size of the main strengthening phase Mg2Si in the aluminum alloy. As the extrusion ratio increases, the grain size of the aluminum alloy decreases and the size of the strengthening phase Mg2Si decreases and the density increases. . As the extrusion ratio increases, the density of the strengthening phase in the aluminum alloy increases, and the distribution becomes more uniform, and the tensile strength, elongation and hardness of the aluminum alloy increase.
Since the main products of the 6063 aluminum alloy on the market are extruded profiles, it is crucial to select a suitable extrusion ratio to improve the performance of the product. This paper mainly analyzes the influence of extrusion ratio on the microstructure and mechanical properties of aluminum alloy, and provides a basis for improving the extrusion process of 6063 aluminum alloy and improving the product quality of the aluminum alloy.
The 6063 aluminum alloy is prepared from pure aluminum ingot, pure magnesium and Al-Si intermediate alloy, and the composition of the aluminum alloy is (mass fraction, %):
0.43Si, 0.001Cu, 0.701Mg, 0.005Zn, 0.071Ti, 0.17Fe, 0.001Mn, balance Al.
The smelted 6063 aluminum alloy solution was cast into a Φ120mm aluminum wire rod , and after homogenization treatment at 560 ° C × 6 h, the aluminum rod was heated to 460 ° C and placed on a 600 t extruder to be extruded into solid at different extrusion ratios. The round bar has an extrusion ratio of 32.7 (A), 39.05 (B), 49 (C), 59.55 (D), and 68.64 (E), respectively. After the extrusion, the obtained solid round bar was subjected to aging treatment at 200 ° C × 2 h.
Previous: No Information
Related Industry Knowledge
- Factors affecting the price of industrial aluminum profiles
- Introduction of industrial aluminum surface treatment process
- What are the criteria for the selection of industrial aluminum profile degreasers?
- Industrial aluminum profile designation
- Classification of industrial aluminum profiles
- Characteristics and application of 1 series to 7 series industrial aluminum profiles
- Industrial aluminum profile surface scratch defects
- Causes and preventive measures for shrinkage of industrial aluminum extrusion process
- Classification and technical requirements for industrial aluminum profiles
- Reasons for uneven film thickness of anodic oxide film for industrial aluminum profiles