The tail shrinkage is a unique waste product in the extrusion process of industrial aluminum profiles . Specifically divided into hollow tail and ring tail. Hollow shrinkage is due to the oil on the extrusion gasket and the excessive residue of the extrusion material, resulting in a serious shortage of metal supply and other reasons to form a hollow funnel-shaped tail; the annular shrinkage is mainly due to the end of the aluminum extrusion process Insufficient supply of metal in the deformation zone forces the metal to traverse along the periphery of the extrusion gasket, causing the edges and side surfaces to be cold, and the oil-stained metal is reflowed and wound into the product. The annular tail is generally on the cross section of the end of the product, and is mostly in the shape of a continuous or discontinuous ring. Manufacturing industrial aluminum profiles According to the operation plan, select the mold that meets the plan, flat die: 460 ° C - 480 ° C B. Split mode: 480 ° C - 500 ° C. The residence time of the mold in the furnace is not more than 8 hours, the mold loading process should be fast and fast, and the mold should be prevented from cooling.
The main measures to prevent tailing:
1) Reduce the temperature difference between the aluminum ingot and the tool, or use low temperature extrusion.
2) Ensure that the surface of the ingot is clean and heated evenly.
3) Do not apply oil on the extrusion pad or wipe the pad with a tarpaulin.
4) Improve the surface finish of the mold and the extrusion cylinder, and clean the extrusion cylinder in time.
5) Reduce the extrusion speed at the end of the extrusion process.
6) Lubrication extrusion and reverse extrusion.
7) Retain the residual material and cut the tail as required, or increase the thickness of the residual material as appropriate
Related Industry Knowledge
- Factors affecting the price of industrial aluminum profiles
- Introduction of industrial aluminum surface treatment process
- What are the criteria for the selection of industrial aluminum profile degreasers?
- Industrial aluminum profile designation
- Classification of industrial aluminum profiles
- Characteristics and application of 1 series to 7 series industrial aluminum profiles
- Industrial aluminum profile surface scratch defects
- Classification and technical requirements for industrial aluminum profiles
- Reasons for uneven film thickness of anodic oxide film for industrial aluminum profiles
- How to optimize the extrusion and heat treatment process of industrial aluminum profiles
- No yellow smoke polishing process on the surface of industrial aluminum profiles
- Effect of extrusion on 6063 aluminum wire rod