1 series industrial aluminum profiles
Features : more than 99.00% aluminum, good electrical conductivity, good corrosion resistance, good welding performance, low strength, no heat treatment and strengthening. Application range: high purity aluminum (more than 99.9% aluminum) is mainly used for scientific experiments, chemistry Industrial and special purposes.
2 series aluminum alloy
Features: : Aluminum alloy with copper as the main element. It also adds manganese, magnesium, lead and antimony for machinability. Such as: 2011 alloy, pay attention to safety protection during the melting process (will produce harmful gases). The 2014 alloy uses the sky aviation industry with high strength. The 2017 alloy is a little weaker than the 2014 alloy, but it is easier to process. 2014 can be heat treated and strengthened. Disadvantages: The tendency of intergranular corrosion is serious. Applications: Aviation industry (2014 alloy), screws (2011 alloy) and industries with higher temperature (2017 alloy).
3 series aluminum alloy
Features: Aluminum alloy with manganese as the main alloying element, it can not be heat-treated, has good corrosion resistance and good welding performance. Good plasticity. (close to super aluminum alloy). Disadvantages: low strength, but can be strengthened by cold work hardening. It is easy to produce coarse crystal grains during annealing. Applications: Oil-conducting seamless pipes ( 3003 alloy) and cans (3004 alloy) used on aircraft .
4 series aluminum alloy
It is mainly based on silicon and is not commonly used. Part 4 is heat treatable, but some 4 series alloys are not heat treatable.
5 series aluminum alloy
Features: Mainly based on magnesium. Good resistance, good welding performance, good fatigue strength, no heat treatment and strengthening, only cold processing to improve strength. Applications: lawn mower handles, aircraft fuel tank conduits, body armor.
6 series aluminum alloy
Generally, the shoe racks at the middle end and above are basically 6 series or 7 series 6 series: Features: mainly magnesium and silicon. Mg2Si is the main strengthening phase and is currently the most widely used alloy. 6063, 6061 used the most, other 6082, 6160, 6125, 6262, 6060, 6005, 6463. 6063, 6060, 6463 in the 6 series strength is relatively low. 6262 , 6005, 6082, 6061 are relatively strong in the 6 series. The shelf at the middle end of Cyclone No. 2 is 6061. It has medium strength, good corrosion resistance, good welding performance, good process performance (easy extrusion and forming) and good oxidation and coloring performance. Applications: Energy tools (eg car luggage racks, doors, windows, body, heat sink, compartment casing)
7 series aluminum alloy
Features: mainly zinc, but sometimes a small amount of magnesium, copper. Among them, super-hard aluminum alloys contain the hardness of zinc, lead, magnesium and copper alloys close to steel. The extrusion speed is slower than that of the 6-series alloy, and the welding performance is good. 7005 and 7075 are the highest grades in the 7 Series and can be heat treated for reinforcement. Applications: Aviation (aircraft load-bearing components, landing gear), rockets, propellers, aviation spacecraft.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Factors affecting the price of industrial aluminum profiles
- Introduction of industrial aluminum surface treatment process
- What are the criteria for the selection of industrial aluminum profile degreasers?
- Industrial aluminum profile designation
- Classification of industrial aluminum profiles
- Industrial aluminum profile surface scratch defects
- Causes and preventive measures for shrinkage of industrial aluminum extrusion process
- Classification and technical requirements for industrial aluminum profiles
- Reasons for uneven film thickness of anodic oxide film for industrial aluminum profiles
- How to optimize the extrusion and heat treatment process of industrial aluminum profiles
- No yellow smoke polishing process on the surface of industrial aluminum profiles
- Effect of extrusion on 6063 aluminum wire rod